To bring the IT infrastructure to the enterprise standard with minimum downtime and availability of all critical systems in case of a disaster event.
Within the shortest possible time, we provided OpenRad with a system administrator who became a valuable addition to its team and has seamlessly operated in a fully remote capacity.A complete absence of documentation was a great hindrance, still close cooperation with a team got our expert up to speed, and the active phase of work started very quickly.It was decided to use time-tested, open-source solutions, which enabled the company to reduce expenses on the software provided by popular vendors and invest this money into other important aspects of business development.The stack that our system administrator implemented includes the following solutions:
- Proxmox Virtual Environment - an open-source infrastructure virtualization platform with rich out-of-the-box capabilities
- Proxmox Backup Server - an open-source enterprise backup solution that gives an opportunity to check backup consistency
- RedHat Ansible - a platform that automates day-to-day administrative tasks
- Prometheus/Grafana - a tech stack for metric collection and visualization and a proactive response to any abnormalities in the IT infrastructure;
- Trilium Notes - a self-hosted document generation platform.
Thanks to the combined efforts of the OpenRad team and our system administrator, today the company has a stable, enterprise-level IT infrastructure with comprehensive documentation and a well-tested critical service recovery plan that enables the team to quickly respond to any incidents.